Types of Information Collected Online
Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous information (data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual) or personally identifiable information (data that tell us who you are, such as your name, address, e-mail address unless you provide this information to the City of Pinconning DDA via web inquiry form).
Unless you provide additional information, the City of Pinconning DDA website collects only the following anonymous information as you browse through the website:
- The domain name and browser used to access the Internet (e.g., aol.com, if you are using an America Online account);
- The date and time of visits;
- The pages visited; and
- The address of the website visited immediately prior to visiting the City of Pinconning DDA website
We collect this information for statistical purposes (e.g., to measure site traffic) and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Personally Identifiable Information
You do not have to provide the City of Pinconning DDA website with personally identifiable information to visit our website.
The City of Pinconning DDA website collects personally identifiable information on visitors in the following ways:
- Optional User Registration. You are sharing personally identifiable information when you sign up to become a registered user. When you register, it is not necessary to provide us with either your true name or your e-mail address. We request this information because, if you lose or forget your User ID or Password, this information will assist us in helping you regain access to your account. If you become a registered user, you will have complete access to your account information and may change or delete any registration information that you choose.
- Correspondence. If you contact the Michigan Legislature website by e-mail, we may keep a record of that correspondence as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication. However, we do not collect the e-mail addresses of users who communicate with the site’s administrators via e-mail.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
The City of Pinconning DDA website does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personally identifiable information (to the extent given) to third parties, unless:
- We need to share the information to provide the service or information you have requested; or
- We are authorized to do so by law (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process).
For site security purposes and to ensure that our website services remain available to all users, the City of Pinconning DDA website employs software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
Links to Other Sites
Acceptable Use Policy
This statement represents a guide to the acceptable use of the City of Pinconning DDA and City of Pinconning DDA online services (The Services). The following guidelines will be applied to determine whether or not a particular use of The Services is appropriate: Users must respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs and data made available by The Services. Users must not use The Services in a manner that precludes or significantly hinders use by others. Users must not use The Services in ways that violate applicable laws or regulations. Users must respect the privacy of others.